Printer users are often faced with Printer Showing Offline issues. You may be stuck with the same issue. This article can help. We will be discussing the causes and how to fix the Printer Showing As Offline Problem.
Why my Printer is Offline:
The Printer Showing an Offline Error is usually displayed when the printer and computer unit are unable to establish stable connections. Below are some possible reasons my printer shows offline.
- The slow or ineffective network connection between printers and computers.
- USB cable damaged
- Print queue: Several uncompleted jobs
- Software for printing drivers that are no longer current.
- Internal printer errors such as paper jamming or clogged printing heads.
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps described here, users should power cycle their devices as follows.
- Turn off the printer unit.
- The Main Power Cable should be removed from the switch.
- Turn off your computer
- Allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Turn on the computer.
- You can switch on your printer.
Overheating and overloading could cause printers to stop functioning. This is when the above-mentioned method will work and eliminate the error “Why is my printer showing as offline?”
Windows 10 allows you to turn off the printer.
For Windows 10 users, the following steps can be used to fix the problem MY Printer is Not Online on Windows 10.
- Check connection:
When connecting via wi-fi to a network printing device, make sure that the printer and computer are on the same wireless network. Users of traditional printers should make sure that all cables are correctly connected.
- Manually configure the Printer Online (from the settings and device manager)
You can manually set printers up online with Windows 10 via the Settings menu.
- Go to Start, and launch the Settings App.
- Select Devices-> Printers & Scans
- Click on your printer to the right of the screen
- Click the Open queue button.
- Navigate to the Printer tab.
You can also make the printer is showing offline using Device Manager. Follow the steps below.
- Click on Start, and then select Device Manager from the WinX menu.
- Click on the Action tab.
- Select the Devices & Printers option.
- You can go to the Printer name that has the problem Printer Offline Window 10.
- Click the See what’s printing option in the context menu.
- Click on the printer tab. Remove the checkmark before selecting Use Printer Offline.
- Windows Printer Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a built-in printer troubleshooting tool that can be run by users. For Windows Built-in Troubleshooting instructions, please refer to this page.
- Click on Start to open the Settings.
- Select the Devices-> Troubleshoot.
- Right-click on Printer, then click on the Run troubleshooter button.
- It will take just a few seconds for the troubleshooter to be run.
- It also contains suggestions for fixing the Printer Showing Offline Issue.
- All fixes should be applied by users following the instructions on-screen.
- Restart the Printer Spooler Services:
To restart the Printer Spooler service, users can follow the steps below.
- To launch Run, use the Windows+ R keys.
- Type services. Hit the enter key to add MSc.
- You will find the Printer Spooler Service under the services tab.
- You can check if it is stopped or running.
- Right-click on Printer Spooler and click on Restart.
- Disable and Reinstall Printer:
The steps below will allow users to remove the printer from their Windows 10 system and reinstall the printer.
- Start, and then open the Windows Settings application.
- Click on the Devices-> Printers & Scans.
- It will show the list of devices connected. Click on the printer to select the Remove option.
- Restart the computer system.
- Go to the Settings.
- Go to the Devices-> Printers/Scanners.
- Click on Add Printer/Scanner.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install your printer on Windows 10
- Check Printer driver Update
Follow these steps to update your printer drivers using the Device Manager
- Navigate to the Start icon. Start the Windows Device Manager. (or enter devmgmt.MSc directly in the Run box, and hit the Enter key).
- Expand the devices list to include more printers.
- Right-click the name of your printer.
- From the context menu, select the Update Driver option.
- It will take just a few minutes for the printer drivers to be updated.
For printer driver updates, users need an active internet connection. You can also update your printer drivers on the official website of the Printer Manufacturer.
- Windows Update:
Also, you can fix the Printer Showing Offline error by updating Windows. For new features and functions to be available, one should update windows OS regularly. Here are the steps to update Windows 10 OS.
- Navigate to Start-> Settings.
- Select Update and Security-> Windows Update option from Settings.
- 3. Click the Check for Update button on the right side.
If the Printer is Not Online Windows 10 issue persists, users can reach out to the technical support department of the printer manufacturer.
How to fix an offline printer on Mac
If you have Mac operating systems on your computer, the following steps can be used to troubleshoot the hp printer offline.
- Check connection:
The main reason the Printer Does Not Connect To Mac occurs is an unstable connection. A user should make sure that both the printer and Mac are connected to the same network. Use an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless network.
Make sure the printer is connected via a USB cable. If it is not, connect another USB cable.
- Clear Print Queue:
If a file is corrupted in the print queue, it might cause the Printer Is Outline Mac issue. In this case, you can clear the print list by following these steps.
- Go to System Preferences-> Printers or Scanners.
- Choose the printer to be troubleshot.
- Click on “Open Print Queue”.
- It will display all pending print orders from the print queue. Click on each item to remove it from the print queue.
- After the print queue is cleared, restart your printer.
- Diagnose Printers with Mac OS
Here are the steps for troubleshooting the printer with the Printer Diagnostics function on Mac OS.
- Click on the Apple logo, and choose System Preferences.
- Printing and scanning are available.
- Select your printer using the devices.
- Click the Options & Supplies link from the Printer menu.
- Depending upon your printer, the Printer Diagnostics function may be located under the Utility or Diagnostic heading.
- Take out the printer and attach it:
These steps allow users to uninstall and re-add their printers on Mac.
- Navigate to Apple icon-> System preferences-> Printers/Scanners.
- Click on the printer to be removed.
- To delete it from Mac, tap the button.
- Turn off your printer unit. If it is connected to a USB cable, you should remove it.
- Go to System Preferences-> Printers or Scanners.
- To add the printer to your account, click the “+” button.
- If the printer requires a physical connection to a Mac via USB cable users can click on Default.
- Select the IP option to add the network printer.
- Windows option will show you the printer connected to Windows PC over the same network.